Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Is This Desmond Clark's Last Season As a Bear?

As we watched Desmond Clark's statistics dwindle last season, we asked ourselves will Desmond Clark be back next season with the Chicago Bears?

The same question comes to mind for this upcoming season.

The soon to be 32 year old TE, Desmond Clark, played more of a back-up role to up and coming star TE Greg Olsen.

Desmond caught41 passes for 367 yards and only one touchdown. Also, he only averaged nine yards per catch, which was his worst since his rookie season in 1999.

From 2006-2008 (2006-2007 season and 2007-2008 season), Desmond combined for almost 90 receptions, 1100 + yards and ten touchdowns.

You have to wonder if he can get back to that level or will he simply just be a backup TE for the rest of his career.

I hope to see a much improved Desmond Clark this season.

I know he can put up some big numbers and with the addition of franchise QB Jay Cutler, it can only help.

So with that in mind, I don't think this will be Desmond Clark's last season with the Bears.

I think the Bears will get the most out of Desmond this season and him and Greg Olsen will be the best tight end tandem in the NFC.





2 comments:

Bleed Cubbie blue said...

Hello again! I find myself checking this site out fairly regularly since finding an ad on Fannation.

Anyway, onto the entry. I've been wondering if Dez's age was finally catching up to him. He's been in the league for more than a decade, and has more than proven himself as one of the best TEs in the league. But his play hasn't been the same as of late. It saddens me to say this, but I think that Dez has perhaps 2 years left in him.

Bearsfanforever said...

I totally agree that's why I brought this subject to everyone's attention. I really hope he can bounce back strong this season, cause if not you know big TE Kellen Davis is waiting for his opportunity.
Thanks for the comment